In My Mailbox New Booksies! In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren although I first saw it on Speculating on Specfic. I don’t usually buy enough books at once to justify dedicating a weekly post to them, but I thought that since this week was a particularly prolific book-acquiring week, I could try an IMM new booksies post for fun. I certainly don’t expect to do this on a weekly basis (although I’ll be in the US next week, where paper books will be cheap and right in front of me… but also smelly, so who knows). I have to admit, one of the allures of this meme is the chance to post pretty covers. Yay, pretty covers!
- I bought the ebook of Black Glass by Meg Mundell because it was shortlisted for an Aurealis, fits into the Australian Women Writers Challenge, and is SF set in Melbourne
- Mercy by Rebecca Lim arrived in the mail from Book Depository. I was originally inspired to give it a go thanks to give it a go thanks to Speculating on Specfic’s review
- I won the ebook of Destiny of Light by Louise Cusack thanks to a competition on her blog
- And I bought Mistification by Kaaron Warren from Angry Robot Books because they have a sale on all Ditmar eligible works (Debris by Jo Anderton [review] and Roil by Trent Jamieson are also on sale).
Also, all four of these books are written by Australian women and hence count towards the Aus Women Writers Challenge 2012. Handy.
EDIT: Silly me, I forgot about one of the books I bought (and it was today even)!
- Embers of Heaven by Alma Alexander because it just came out as an ebook and I’ve been wanting to read the sequel to Secrets of Jin Shei for a while, but it wasn’t the easiest book to get ahold of. I am a bit sad that the ebook doesn’t have the same pretty cover as the print version, but oh well, the words inside are the same.